Why study Business?
Business Studies is available as a Key Stage 4 option subject.
We live in a fast moving, dynamic and interconnected world. Business is right at the centre of this expanding global environment. The world of business is constantly in the news, always changing and continuously posing new opportunities and challenges to millions of people across the world.
Most of you will end up working for a business or an organisation that is set up similar to a business while some of you might even set up and run your own business. Everyone uses businesses on a daily basis when we buy a product or a service in our role as consumers. Employers are increasingly looking for business minded people with entrepreneurial skills.
If you study a business course:
- It will help you to make more informed decisions and give you a better understanding of the world of work.
- It challenges you to think about how and why people start businesses and you are given the opportunity to explore how you might start up your own business in the future.
- It will help you when communicating and explaining your ideas
- It will help you think more creatively and encourage you to look at the world in different more analytical way
- It will help you work more effectively with numbers and understand how some business become successful while some fail
- It will help you manipulate information on real businesses and justify your own business decisions
- It will give you the transferable skills of being able analyse and evaluate business decisions and strategies
- It will help you understand the position of the UK in a global world.