29th November 2016
Dear Parents and Carers,
- On Friday, 16th December school will close at 1.00 pm and we will be holding a Christmas Jumper Day; students should wear full school uniform but may add a colourful Christmas jumper if they choose to (if they do not have a Christmas jumper they can decorate a jumper with tinsel). If students do not wish to wear a Christmas jumper they may wear Christmas headwear as an alternative. There will be no charge to students, however all staff wearing a Christmas jumper will pay £1 to raise funds for charity.
- The buses will not be running at the end of the school day on 16th December; please ensure alternative arrangements are made for your child’s home journey.
- School Christmas dinner will be served to students on Wednesday, 7th December: £2.40 – please let students know that there will be sandwiches/baguettes/cold pasta pots/salad offered also as an alternative.
- There will be no canteen facilities available on the last day of school but pupils in receipt of free school meals can order a packed lunch via their form tutor that can be collected from the canteen at morning break on Friday 16th. Please complete the slip below to order and return it to school by 8th December.
- School re-opens on Tuesday, 3rd January 2017 at the usual time and dates of school closure and re-opening can always be found in the back of the newsletter or on the school website. Please note that if we experience extreme weather during the break details regarding school closure will be on the school website, on the radio and text messages will be sent via the School Gateway app.
May I take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year and thank you for your continued support this term.
Please return this slip to your child’s Form Tutor by Thursday, 8th December if a free school meal packed lunch is required on Friday, 16th December.
Student’s name (in capitals) ________________________________ Form: _____________