The Heath Family is centred on raising standards of achievement and aspirations for all students to the highest standard by developing and nurturing both primary and secondary academies.
We will be part of a local strategy to increase choice and diversity in education encompassing innovative approaches to curriculum, teaching and learning, leadership and management.
We will place an emphasis on talent management, developing leaders and enhanced professional development for all staff. We will extend our impact in terms of raising standards of education for more young people and help break the cycle of underachievement and low aspirations which is a feature of significant parts of the Merseyside and Cheshire area.
- We recognise that everyone is of equal worth and has a valuable contribution to make
- We work collaboratively, sharing good ideas and best practice.
- We are concerned at all times for our own health and safety and that of others.
- We seek ways always to remain positive, enthusiastic and optimistic about our work and to promote all that we do well within our local community.
- We recognise staff and students as individual learners whom we shall support to develop high levels of skill and understanding and to keep abreast of leading edge practice.
- We consider the welfare of students to be paramount.
Our Students will:
- Achieve high expectations
- Understand and celebrate the diversity of their community.
- Develop resilience and a love of learning.
- Take an important role in being a positive impact on their community.
- feel safe and secure
Our Staff will:
- Dedicate themselves to achieving the best outcomes for all students.
- Have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities and be accountable for their impact.
- Develop their skills and knowledge in pursuit of the highest standards.
- Work together to develop outstanding practice.
- Be committed to lifelong learning.
- Deploy their resources to secure best value and high outcomes for students.
- Adopt robust ways of tracking the progress of students.
- Be committed to achieving sustainable improvement.
- Set high expectations for learning and expect all students to achieve challenging targets.
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students
The Heath Sixth Form will underpin these values in the following ways
By building students’ confidence and employability skills through excellent careers advice and work experience resulting in progression to further study or sustainable employment;
By ensuring successful education, training and personal, social, moral, cultural and spiritual development and welfare for each individual ensuring that they are well prepared for life in Britain today;
By inspiring and challenging students and staff to excel in a supportive culture of high expectations, enterprise and innovation;
By being an inclusive sixth form fundamental values are promoted and each individual is respected, valued and safeguarded;
By providing outstanding high quality Key stage 5 education and training.
By Raising aspirations of individuals and the communities by promoting prospects and celebrating success.
By ensuring a broad curriculum offer with good progression routes from entry level.
By being responsive to the changing needs and circumstances.